WORKING AT TLP
Timber Lake Playhouse is the oldest continuously operating professional summer theatre company in Illinois. Celebrating its 58th season, the Playhouse is located on fifteen acres about 140 miles west of downtown Chicago and 2 miles south of Mount Carroll. Since 1962, TLP has served thousands of young artists in the transition from educational to professional work. The 371 seat indoor theatre has a revolving stage and a 45′ wide proscenium space, allowing for excellent production values. Housing, shops, and meal facilities are all located in 17 other buildings on the property. Timber Lake Resort is located across the street from the Playhouse. While we are not officially affiliated, the resort gives our company members free access to a beautiful in-ground pool and various other activities.
TLP is still interviewing for these Resident Company Staff positions: Carpenter, Events and House Assistant Manager.
- Assist Technical Director and Assistant Technical Director in all duties.
- Oversee crews as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by company leadership necessary for maintaining the integrity of the season.
EVENTS AND HOUSE ASSISTANT MANAGER
- Manage Front of House operations for all TLP performances
- Manage all Events at TLP including events at The Barn or on The Deck
- Schedule and oversee ushers, bar and concession workers, and other front of house staff and volunteers
- Manage merchandise displays and sales procedures
- Maintain all social media marketing including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Create marketing materials for all theatre related products including productions and events
- Manage video and photography for the theatre